Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

A bit too cozy admins

• Nicklas
  • Nicklas's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #2798 by Nicklas
A bit too cozy admins was created by Nicklas
I recently started playing PR again, and I have tons of experience regarding PR...

Anyhow, just five minutes ago Javski one of your admins did something that was a bit too cozy for being an admin.

So, a guy named Mully was a squadleader, I joined his squad and we had full play going on, he said after 20 min "i be right back have to fix something in another squad"

So, he left the squad as a squadleader, and got into the other one and I became the squadleader, as I thought it would only take a few minutes I was not paying too much attention.

Then your admin came in, said some jibberish I could not hear whatsoever, either he was drunk or...he was not, I only heard "or you can not squadlead", so I left the squad and instantly got kicked by him

What the fuck kind of admin behaviour is this?
Cant he atleast say why? I had done NOTHING wrong, I was sitting in a goddamn TOW for the last 5 minutes...

And why I said "admins" is simply because I have seen other situations a few selected admins has been a tiny bit too quick on the KICK command, before handling the situation.

HOG is far beyond a god damn good server, I take it over NWA and PRTA any day, yet I am a eurotrash, but... A few more of theese kind of nosense admin decisions... Will not make me think the very same way really, cause this kind of stuff is really dumb and unessecary.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #2799 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic A bit too cozy admins
you should record it. if you record improper behavior, (meaning proof) it will be handled. if it were you, you would need proof as well.
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2800 by Jevski
Replied by Jevski on topic A bit too cozy admins
WE DO NOT ALLOW FREE KIT SQDS.

I said if u do not want to squadlead, disband the squad do not just leave it.

Guess what, you did that and rejoined, leaving some1 else to be SL, hence the sqd is AGAIN a free kit squad.

You are SL, its your responsibility either to lead, or disband the squad. Staying in it, keeping it as a free kit sqd is you reponsibility.

And as for not understanding me. If you boss walks up to you and tells you to do something, and you dont understand it, do you just walk away, and do nothing, or do you just stand there glaring at him? Or do you use common sense and ask "could you repeat that, I didnt get that"

And btw Mully joined cas sqd and has been there for at least 20 min.

Im sorry that you think you got kicked wrongly, but as you said, HOG is a great server and we try to keep it as such. Everyday we see ppl just join a sqd and fuck around, not really teamplaying or communicating. Taking HAT and running off alone, without ammo or a medic, If we just resign such a SL of a free kit sqd the problem isnt solved, its just pushed down the ladder to the next one, who then again, just leaves and joins, and so does the next one, and the next one, neverending story. Hence I join, Ask if SL has a mic, then to get cohesion and lead. Since we dont allow free kit sqds, or to disband it, since just having the SL leave will again not solve anything.

On the other hand, if it gets disbanded, the players will join another sqds where there IS a leader, and they will be usefull, otherwise on a full server such players are just a waste of space.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Jevski.
  • Nicklas
  • Nicklas's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2801 by Nicklas
Replied by Nicklas on topic A bit too cozy admins

WE DO NOT ALLOW FREE KIT SQDS.

I said if u do not want to squadlead, disband the squad do not just leave it.

Guess what, you did that and rejoined, leaving some1 else to be SL, hence the sqd is AGAIN a free kit squad.

You are SL, its your responsibility either to lead, or disband the squad. Staying in it, keeping it as a free kit sqd is you reponsibility.

And as for not understanding me. If you boss walks up to you and tells you to do something, and you dont understand it, do you just walk away, and do nothing, or do you just stand there glaring at him? Or do you use common sense and ask "could you repeat that, I didnt get that"

And btw Mully joined cas sqd and has been there for at least 20 min.

Of all the damn years I have been playing PR, I have not seen a SINGLE time, a "unwanted" squadleader, DISBANINDING the whole squad, instead the unwanted squadleader leaves and rejoins as 99% of people do, and I gotta be the damn first one ever to get KICKED for that then.

And you are wrong, I did not rejoin the squad, I just left it.
Did you kick all the others too then, since they became a unwanted squadleader?

And, funny thing, here, nor in you RULES have you ANYWHERE stated what the hell "free kit squad" actually means?
So yeah, clear that rule up, or get rid of it, because that is not fair to let a recently made squadleader get kicked for that kind of stuff.

To comply with that situation, the "boss" would not have fired me from my job because I walked away, he would have walked after me and told me with another voice what had to be done

And for your "btw"
Yes, I know this, that Mully guy S A I D he would be right back, dont pick this on ME, I was just a regular soldier, he left, I became squadleader and I have not on 3+ year basis squadleaded anytime, so I did not know what to do and dont
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Nicklas.
More
8 years 3 months ago #2802 by Jevski
Replied by Jevski on topic A bit too cozy admins
Yes, I got the sqd disbanded in the end. Just because 99% do it does not make it right. And you where not "just" made, you had SL for at least 20 min. And that I why I also joined and asked you to disband it, it case you did not want to lead, I didnt just kick you outright.

Everyday we have around 1-2 full free kit sqds on a full server, and with having an APC, TANK, TRANS, CAS, that leaves around 2 working infantry sqds that actually play the game, making the game very frustrating for the rest of the team, that 16 players are more or less just dead weight.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #2804 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic A bit too cozy admins
"all those years in pr" and you dont know what a free kit squad is?

btw, it is in the rules:

SQUAD:

Squad Leaders must have and use microphone
This is a teamwork server so join a squad unassigned players will be kicked
Free Kit squads are prohibited
Do not lock infantry squads.
Do not create a squad until the timer has reached 1:30 mark
No intentional Team-Killing, it does happen in battle so please be kind if it happens to you by mistake.
Apologize for your Team-Kills
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds