Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

2IC admin abuse

• player
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #35296 by player
2IC admin abuse was created by player
hello i am new____player. I hope the following makes us take a closer look at admin 2IC. 

7/9/2022, 4:50pm EST, Operation Falcon - Kicked for "acting a fool" while driving apc. No rules broken. Results in lost apc.

He probably did this because my gunner shot in the direction of his logi. He assumed we were fooling around. He did not attempt to use his mic at all. There was infantry right behind him. He then kicked me and my gunner and we lost the apc and enemies put c4 on it immediately after. I can get the battlerecorder files if there's explaining needed but it takes me a while to make a video. 

He also tb'd me after I started yelling at him about what in main, but that's justified since I shouldn't be arguing with his admining in game. 
6/26/2022, Fallujah, - intentional tk in main. 

I usually don't like to bring up old stuff but just as an example of his previous behavior I'll show the footage. Yes I should not be shooting randomly in maine. I think it shows his temper as an admin.
  • player
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #35298 by player
Replied by player on topic 2IC admin abuse
^ I do not support this. I just want this issue to be addressed fairly by other admins.
More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #35299 by =HOG= 2IC
Replied by =HOG= 2IC on topic 2IC admin abuse
OK, one by one.

Operation Falcon 2022-07-09

No rules broken.

Shooting a friendly randomly out of nowhere is the definition of asshatting.

Results in lost apc.

Not my fault if you get kicked for breaking the rules which results in the loss of your asset.

He probably did this because my gunner shot in the direction of his logi

Yes.

He did not attempt to use his mic at all.

How is this relevant? If anything, shouldn't you have yelled "LOGI ENEMY BEHIND YOU, GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY"?
I don't recall you using your mic to warn me about anything.

There was infantry right behind him.

No.
There were enemies close, sure.
But not as close as you claim, not in the right direction, and you and your gunner are not even looking in the right direction.
(See: postimg.cc/xJXywZhS).

Fallujah West 2022-06-26

I usually don't like to bring up old stuff but just as an example of his previous behavior I'll show the footage. Yes I should not be shooting randomly in maine. I think it shows his temper as an admin.

[2022-06-26 01:00] !SAY performed by '=HOG= 2IC': Do NOT randomly fire weapons or smoke in your Maine base. - =HOG= 2IC
[2022-06-26 01:45] !SAY performed by '=HOG= 2IC': Do NOT randomly fire weapons or smoke in your Maine base. - =HOG= 2IC
[2022-06-26 01:46] !KICK performed by '=HOG= 2IC' on ' new___player': Do NOT randomly fire weapons or smoke in your Maine base.

I noticed people shooting in main near the repair station.
I gave the global warning to stop.
I still hear people shooting despite this.
I go to the repair station and give the global warning again, with the intent of staying next to the repair station until this stops -- one way or another.
As you have been so kind as to provide video evidence, you are the only still shooting after the second warning.

Yes, I could've pulled up the map, and click on every single dot next to the repair station to find out who it was continuing to do this after  two warnings.
But I just wanted to deal with this shit and be on my way to playing the game, so I took the easy way out and shot you to find out who it was. Cos I was going to kick you anyways.
I freely admit that this wasn't the best thing to do, and I'm ready to face any consequences the head admins deem necessary.

But if I had a "temper" problem as you say, I would've temp banned you for that.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by =HOG= 2IC. Reason: Formatting.
  • player
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #35301 by player
1. I am a little salty about you kicking me for asshatting because it was my gunner, not me, that shot in your direction while rtb. I don't feel like collective punishment was right in this situation. I also understand that there's no way you could have known who was the gunner, but I wished you asked first. I did not break any rules and I stand firm on that so I will still believe the kick is unjust.

2. Thank you for addressing the tk, I am not mad about it as I was fully aware I was breaking the rules too. I hope there are no consequences as I understand you are just trying to admin.

3. You are right about the enemies not being there. I tried justifying my gunner's decision without actually knowing his thoughts.

4. I'm sorry for saying mean things to you in main and saying that you have a temper. Please forgive my anger. I hope this doesn't affect our gameplay in the future.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by player. Reason: info
  • player
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #35302 by player
Update: deleted youtube video. 6/26 video has nothing to see. 2nd half of my first post is bs
More
1 year 9 months ago #35303 by =HOG= 2IC
Replied by =HOG= 2IC on topic 2IC admin abuse
1. Yes, I admit that I could've checked who the gunner was instead of booting both of you. But with how the game works now, that would've required either asking over chat who the gunner is, joining your squad to find out, or pulling up the kill logs to check.

I was squad leading at the time and on the way to remove old mortars that the commander was either deliberately refusing to delete or ignoring my multiple requests for a solid five minutes. And my squad members were waiting for me to return asap, so we can do build mortars again. So I again chose the easy way out, which was again not the best way to approach the situation.

2. Thank you for saying this. Honestly, shooting in main in and of itself is minor of minor offenses.
However, as you would know, people randomly shooting in main attracts other idiots like flies, which often quickly devolves into mass troll tk or other dumb shit.
Besides this, I tried to manage the situation by giving a warning first, as you can see.
When you're an admin and dealing with dozens of reports and situations a day, you just want a situation to get resolved quickly, without fuss.
So a player persisting with rule breaking despite warnings angers admins.

3. I admit that the thought of you guys seeing an enemy behind me didn't cross my mind.
However, I came from the direction you were going where I didn't encounter any enemies, and you appeared to be RTBing instead of going into combat.
So my immediate reaction was you guys were just trolling.

4. Honestly, I wasn't even offended by the expletives that you said to me in main.
Your point was something along the lines of I wasn't responding to your complaints and ignoring you, if I recall correctly.
As someone who investigates all reports received from players, even after rounds end, I took offense to this.

However, while checking the trackers, I also found that you were asking me why you were kicked in team chat. I admit that I didn't see this cos I was too busy communicating with my squad on mortar targets, and I apologize for not responding.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds