Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Map voting

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #4353 by CAS_ual_TY
Replied by CAS_ual_TY on topic Map voting
I dont think this is a good idea. 3 reasons:

1st: The majority of players do like the maps that are getting played "over and over again" (myself included).

2nd: You try to make sure every map is getting played. However, using this system some maps will be underplayed even more. Lets look at this rotation:

Ramiel INS
Saaremaa
Sbeneh Outskirts INS

I think Sbeneh will almost never get picked. Or look at the rotation with Muttrah, I think the other 2 maps wont be chosen really often.

3rd: You make the maps predictable. People will join for specific maps to take assets, leave, and join back in time.

Since this is a discussion, Ill throw my opinion in here. I dont think there is no proper way of doing a mapvote. There are, however, a few DONT's that should be looked at.

1st: Dont put in 3 maps of the same "type" (KASHAN, KHAMI, BURNING SANDS) (Desert, Assets, CAS, MEC).

2nd: If you put in 2 maps of the same type together with something completely different, the 3rd map is gonna win even though the majority of players that voted would decide for another map. Lets say you put up KASHAN, KHAMISIYA, MUTTRAH. 3 "overplayed" maps. Since Kashan and Khami are the same type of map (Desert, Assets, CAS) those who want to play that type of map would split up their vote on two maps. I guess I dont need to go in further, you already got what Im trying to say.

So how to fix this?

- Repeat the vote! Its happening a lot: When 2 maps go even in a mapvote containing 3 maps, you repeat the vote and suddenly 1 of those 2 maps wins clearly now. You should always repeat the vote with the 2 winners. This is the most democratic way of doing mapvote and there will be atleast less complains.

- Put 3 maps of different "type" in. I guess you know my definition of "map type" already, Im gonna list it anywhays:
"Look": Desert, Forest, Hills, Mountains, fog is also important (IE Khami fog - Black Gold INS fog), Day/Night?
Size: ...
Assets available: CAS; Tanks, APCs etc. you know what I mean
Factions and their difference (are they equally strong? of is it like Ramiel?)
EDIT: Popularity? Maybe take that as a factor?

Oh, and since I just mentioned Ramiel: There is that "always play 2 INS maps in a row so everybody can play on opfor and bluefor" mentality: If AAS gets picked up after only 1 round of INS, you can also put up one of these maps where 1 faction is not nearly as strong as the other (as I said, Ramiel. Or the Valleys).

Alright, thanks for reading.
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by CAS_ual_TY.
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #4354 by Gunnyy
Replied by Gunnyy on topic Map voting
Ye wtf are these new map votes xD. Also not being able to team switch anymore is making the teams even more unbalanced. We just played beirut and the whole idf team capped all flags within 10 minutes of the game.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #4362 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Map voting
the map voting system we have now often repeats maps. trying to figure out what map has what asset or layout....is to complicated and people wont do it as evidenced by past map votes....lets try this for a week or two and see how it goes...as far as teamswitching goes there does not seem to be a way to prevent it so it seems we will not.
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #4363 by CAS_ual_TY
Replied by CAS_ual_TY on topic Map voting
Ok, but how about u mix it up a bit? It doesnt have to be alphabetic, just all maps need to be played. 2 Dovre maps shouldnt be in the same vote...
Make it fair so all maps get a chamce to get picked up (such as sbeneh, talked about that in my 1st post).
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #4364 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Map voting
that would be fine...
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #4365 by =HOG= xambone
Replied by =HOG= xambone on topic Map voting
I'm confused are we trying to do more of the less played maps ? Is that the purpose? Muttrah 24/7 woot woot. Muttrah Monday's?.

Tad sae offensive should never be played. So dark. Asked in all chat if anyone played operation soul rebel...they all said they would rather slit their wrist. Terrible map. I never played it is it really bad layout looks like Saramee
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds