• solid_fire93
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2675 by solid_fire93
possible Ghosting was created by solid_fire93
hi there guys
i'll jump right to the issue here
last night as usual i played on HOG...
on Sarremaa map me and my friend went on planting mines around the island !
while i was re-arming my gear exactly on D7k5 a single USMC player found us and killed both of us !
thought was a lucky noob found us while he was soloing ! but later when i came back i noticed that he planted the mine under our logi ! my friend died and i bleed out after that !

Date when this mess occurred was 23-Jan-2016. 10:30 pm GMT+3 my time...
im at work right now and when i done i'll download the latest files but i really need help

when i find the game, i'll try to record it with shadow play and upload it !

should i post it here for you guys or post in on PR's forums !?

Regards.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by solid_fire93.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #2684 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic possible Ghosting
post here for now, you should only go there with proof. find a name and we will look into it.

thanks!
  • solid_fire93
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #2743 by solid_fire93
Replied by solid_fire93 on topic possible Ghosting
sure man i didn't have much time to check every file but i'll look into every 23-jan demo when i have free time so i can find some proof ..
thanks Super :)
  • TheMerchantOfMenace
More
8 years 3 months ago #2817 by TheMerchantOfMenace
Replied by TheMerchantOfMenace on topic possible Ghosting
I'll tell you though... I normally wear headphones, and whenever I hear a Logi, I run for the sound, and try to track it down. Even if I lost the sound, I'll still keep moving in the direction I last heard the Logi to try to find it or the FOB.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this, who understands the importance of killing the enemy's FOB/reinforcements network.

So if you had run a Logi, it's possible he might have heard it and persistently tried to track it down and eventually stumbled upon you, or as he was trying to find you, maybe you quickly jumped in the Logi and he heard that and re-zeroed on you, or he might have heard shoveling and found you thus (that's happened to me many more a times than you'd think, I lose the Logi 'cause it had stopped, and as I'm trying to find it, and headed in the wrong direction, all of a sudden, in the distance I hear the Logi again as they get someone to go reload it, or as they leave with it after having built the FOB... leading me to find the FOB shortly thereafter).

However, ghosting is still very much a possibility... as I posted before on this forum regarding players who offer to tell one where the enemy assets are since they were a short time previous on the other team. I've always told those people to not tell, and the guys I regularly play with likewise would not let those types tell them such info about the enemy.

As for the Demo, since you know which map it was and as long as you know roughly what time it was, you should be able to find the Demo file fairly easily.

By watching this suspected ghoster's behaviour before the incident you describe, you will be able to tell whether or not he legitimately tracked you down.

Good luck, if he was a cheat, let's get him swatted hard.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds