Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

PR for noobs

• =HOG=reallytwistd
  • =HOG=reallytwistd's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2641 by =HOG=reallytwistd
PR for noobs was created by =HOG=reallytwistd
as I am new to pr could we add a section fornoobs with links for downloads and indepth instructions for install (hate to admit it I aint the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to some puter shit).I look forward to the team work aspect of pr.
instead of using links to other forums is there a way we can upload files/maps ....what ever right on the site.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by =HOG=reallytwistd. Reason: added text
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2643 by theFrozenPlayer
Replied by theFrozenPlayer on topic PR for noobs
Hey, welcome to PR.

You will find everything you need on the Project Reality site at www.realitymod.com/downloads.

Its really just one large file (7 GB) you have to download, that contains everything you need. On that page there is also a link to the install instructions. You dont have to download any maps to play PR as they are all included in the installer. (Only exception might be the TestAirfield map, but you dont actually need that map to play PR).

After you installed PR, all further updates will be downloaded and installed by an automatic-updater (kinda like in STEAM). You dont have to deal with that yourself. I cannot think of anything else that would have to be downloaded/installed to run PR.

Edit: Just saw your post in the other thread. Maybe a sticky for the installation of the TestAirfield map and a section to ask questions might be a good idea though.

Quick install instructions for the Test Airfield map until the sticky is up:

Download from the official PR forum:
www.realitymod.com/forum/f354-community-...ld-4km-released.html

Installation:

Find the location on your drive where PR is installed. Lets assume thats C:\Program Files\Project Reality\

Then extract the contents of that zip file you downloaded to the directory:
C:\Program Files\Project Reality\Project Reality BF2\mods\pr\levels
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by theFrozenPlayer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =HOG=reallytwistd
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds