Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Picking up crewman with apc/tank outside of main

• KubraKhan
  • KubraKhan's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #2415 by KubraKhan
I was temp banned for soloing an apc while i was driving to pick up my gunner in Kashan the other day. The server rules do not explicitly prohibit this (soloing is but no mention of taking an asset out of main to pick up crew), so I would like to point out a few disadvantages of this being punishable by ban:
1. No other means of transport available - when I was kicked our Chinook had crashed ( pilot banned), and our trucks were all over the map. I don't believe my gunner should have had to suicide when he was a 1 minute drive from rendezvous.

2. Time-sensitive opportunity for attack - this is what concerns me the most. Our team had been losing badly ( Teams were very unbalanced i.e. 1/3 of the team almost got banned by the admin for sitting around in main firing, so they weren't HOG regulars), but CAS did some great bombing runs and our armor finally respawned and got going. My driver was behind the armor waiting in safe sector close to our main, but we needed to follow up the air attack QUICKLY to exploit this window. Instead of that, I was kicked, the apc was stranded, and my gunner would never fire a shot at the exposed enemy infantry. I don't believe our crappy team benefited in any way from that decision.

3. Isn't this the squad leader's decision to make? When waiting 20 minutes for an apc, you obviously go help your team outside of main and you shouldn't have to suicide and make the driver wait if you can meet him halfway in a safe sector. Some of you may argue that team will lose out if the apc is destroyed on the way to the rendezvous, but that's the apc squad's call to make! Do infantry have a say in what targets apcs prioritize? Not at all, so I don't see why u can be kicked /temp banned for this.
More
8 years 3 months ago #2417 by MarePop
Maybe we can allow soloing in DOD?
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #2424 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Re:Picking up crewman with apc/tank outside of main
1 minute is a long way, most certainly far enough you are in harms way, with no gunner. So, no, you cant solo. It cant be up to the sl cause then anyone would do it and defeat the purpose of the rule.

No soloing out of base grounds. Dod is not allowed because it would be abused, "i was barely outside of dod" and hard to monitor and enforce.
What was your gunner doing so far away anyways?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
  • KubraKhan
  • KubraKhan's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #2441 by KubraKhan
It's a long story: he had been resigned as SL for locking the apc squad ( he was obviously new to hog but whatever rules are rules), so he had to rejoin my squad. I wish he had been warned about locking the squad not resigned immediately because during those 30 secs it took him to rejoin and the gun to heat up the bmp we were looking for found us and BOOM!. He managed to survive and fled back to our armor's position so I don't feel he needed to suicide after all that.
Anyways the online admin ( guess who :P) had been kicking a ton of noobs on our team for all sorts of sh*t, so its understandable his patience was thin. My temp ban was lifted so its all cool
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds