Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Complaint about an Admin and an inconspicuous rule

• Fandovec03
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #32768 by Fandovec03
My squadmate shot down enemy heli while rushing bunker at the start of the game and shortly after another enemy heli crashed.
Obviously we were exited so teammate wrote like 2 messages and I also wrote "Welcome to Vietnam" and some other mates wrote someting to Allchat and BOOM! Half of our tank squad kicked including our squadleader by FIN dafuggi WITHOUTH ANY WARNING for "Spamming" when i wrote only ONE SENTENCE.

I've also heard form one of my squadmates that when he asked (I assume) admin, he replied if he did that again he would be Banned.
I only said one sentence and it got me kicked... like WHY! From when we can't talk in Allchat? 

I read the Rules because of the Incident and the no allchat rule is inconspicuously mentioned at the beginning where it should've be as a Section in General Rules.

It happened on Bijar Cannyons around 17:50 CET shortly after Start of the Game.

I wanna know If it was Justified kicking over Half a Squad (and possible more people from other squads) over this and If all steps were followed correctly and possibly take action.

I am just pissed that people and i were kicked withouth a warning.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Fandovec03.
More
2 years 3 months ago #32783 by Deleted
We do not issue warnings. Kicks and tempbans are your warning to not continue doing that, as they will result in a permanent ban.

Despite that, I was on around the time it happened and the server was warned through global admin chat.

Don’t be mad, use team chat next time.
More
2 years 2 months ago #33384 by IDKJUSTGETIN
Replied by IDKJUSTGETIN on topic Complaint about an Admin and an inconspicuous rule
Ey sorry for speak for this place (i cant make eny post, and i creat this acount to speak) i have a problem whit trolls, they walk in friendly land mines in insurgecy over and over, that make essay to found the cache for the enemy, and i u say somthing is like "na they are news or blinds" but i uf kill thet to stop trolling, you get ban , and the admins make one question, and 1 second later waiting to you answer they ban you, i get bat 3 hours fot stoping trolls, and surely to the moment you read this the ban time is over, but plis, stop people who only thing is life is trolling walking in friendly land mines in insurgency, or at least allow to kill this trolls so they cant do that again, (this is really stupid, we lose 2 caches is less of 15m for that trolls)
More
2 years 2 months ago #33421 by Grump/Gump.45
Replied by Grump/Gump.45 on topic Complaint about an Admin and an inconspicuous rule
I am sure the rule would be violated a lot less if we were given a reason to not violate it aside from the punishment. I took a Yale history course on YouTube from the American Revolution, this stuck with me more than anything. Quote of General Lafayette about the American militia "Undisciplined, they would not follow an order unless given an explanation as to why, only then they carry it out with enthusiasm".

It also trains leaders who now know why something is to be done and they help the higher up leader see it done. So fill in the blanks maybe, is the reasoning due to some kind of hardship ALL CHAT causes the admins? What might that be?

Reason 1-
Reason 2-
Reason 3-
Reason 4-
-
-
NOBODY including me knows why ALL CHAT is not allowed except for sometimes tolerated. Also un-fairly applied to certain players, criteria I have seen to not have it apply

-Friends with Admin
-Long time player
-being apart of above described un-official non-listed club members

(1a) Aside from we get kicked or temp banned, what is the admin teams reasoning of no all chat? I don't remember this on U777 or FCV

(1a- anticipation of authoritarian response- "You dont use all chat because you get kicked and banned, that is why"..)

Its sad I have to anticipate authoritarian responses to knock it down before its said in an attempt to get a different answer, saying it first as it were. By saying "aside from we get kicked or temp banned for all chat" knowing full well how these minds think would say "You dont use all chat because you get kicked and banned, that is why".

ALL RESISTANCE MINDS, use this tactic to show mental prowess in how we know what potential things will be said and done in response by assessing personalities. It makes us stronger.
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #33483 by R1ghty
Having text spam across your screen is annoying, especially when you're trying to see stuff. I believe that is the reasoning behind the allchat spam, but it's been in place since before I came along. It's also likely its more disruptive because you double the audience, doubling the chance there will be responses.. which continues exponentially.

As to how it's enforced, there are many factors: it depends on how relevant to the game it is, and how often that player spams, how often they are warned for spam etc.

If the admins warn you for allchat, or warn you for spamming on the regular, it's probably best you avoid it.
If an admin says "cut the allchat", or does the !s command, and you decide now is your chance to type something... expect a kick or something
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by R1ghty.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds