Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

PR server connection issues

More
8 years 2 months ago #3136 by Cory
PR server connection issues was created by Cory
Hi, I've been playing on your server for a few years now as ]CIA[ DrProfessor85 and more recently as BackToTheFront85. I enjoy playing on your server very much, but as of late I've been getting the message Connection lost. I never had problems in the past at all but since I upgraded my internet it's been happening every time I try to play on your server. I've had technicians from my ISP come out to my house to check for problems and they haven't really found anything. I have noticed that my ping will occasionally spike up to 300 or so, I live in Ohio so that shouldn't be happening. Is there any way for anyone to check the server logs and see why I have been getting kicked/losing connection? I would really appreciate it!
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #3141 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic PR server connection issues
hey Cory, i will get with moozery and see if there is anything server side that could help you with this but im doubtful there is.

Not that i want you to play on other servers, but have you tried to see if it is only our server or pr in general?

this may help in isolating or narrowing down the problem.

let me know.
  • =HOG= Moozery
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • =HOG= System Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #3145 by =HOG= Moozery
Replied by =HOG= Moozery on topic PR server connection issues
Hi Cory,

I'll be looking into this once I get off work. I'm glad you reported this, as there could be other players experiencing the same issue that haven't said anything.

"My brain has too many tabs open, and I can't figure out which one is playing that freaking song!"
  • =HOG= Moozery
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • =HOG= System Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #3154 by =HOG= Moozery
Replied by =HOG= Moozery on topic PR server connection issues
This is odd, our servers are in New York which is pretty close to you.

- You said youve upgraded your connection, do you know what type of connection you have? And what type you had before the upgrade? (e.g. Fiber, Cable, DSL, etc)

- How long ago did you upgrade?

- Have you been experiencing issues anywhere else? Even other PR servers?

I pinged an address from your IP range from our server and it seems pretty stable. Our resource statistics shows that we haven't been overloading anything either.

As to answer your question on checking the logs as to why you've been getting kicked:
I don't think our PR server kicks for high pings, but in PR if the client (your game) stops receiving packets from the server (us) for more than a few seconds, it quits. So this means that something in between us is completely losing connection sometimes. Unfortunately, the PR server only logs connections, not disconnections.

"My brain has too many tabs open, and I can't figure out which one is playing that freaking song!"
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds