Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Concern about allowing engagements inside of "Non Spawn Areas"

• Salmon11
  • Salmon11's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #37606 by Salmon11
There are numerous maps that possess "non spawn areas" (repair stations/spawns that do not have a spawn point): muttrah, Pavlovsk, older maps such as jabar . Lately, I have noticed a discrepancy, regarding the rules about them. Some admins allow their mining, mortaring, camping, etc.... while others do not. I feel that we need a clarification. I request that the admins take some time to review the rules, and adjust them accordingly to their determination.  

If you wanted my opinion on the matter, I would say it is ridiculous for those "non spawn areas" to be camped. I feel that worrying about a mined repair station and/or truck deducts from the gameplay; its a cheap tactic. What's the difference between shooting inside the wall of a main base? The answer is there is no difference. Both locations have spawn able units and resupply. On a second note, how do you expect assets to resupply when they can be destroyed inside their resupply? In a main base, that would be an instant ban. In summary, its a cheap tactic that is unfair and ruins gameplay. 

Might I add that ya'll do a thankless job running the HOG server. We all appreciate it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: seqq
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #37607 by seqq
i died to that mine placement on pavlovsk before and i was quite confused if it was allowed, it would be nice for it to be more clarified
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #37619 by Evox
Restriction 1
Everyone is PROHIBITED from attacking enemy staging-areas. A staging-area is on solid ground (e.g. ship carrier is solid ground) and includes repair depot , helipads, runways, command-post, vehicle spawnpoints , or indestructible spawnpoints . A map can have multiple staging areas. On many maps (not all), this area can be surrounded by and within walls. Should you cause damage or shoot into this area, you will be subject to admin action.

If its not clear , you cant attack this areas.

grettings!

Guest Admin in HOG server ---- Playing Project Reality since BETA.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds