Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

AUTOADMIN for whenever admins are offline

• KubraKhan
  • KubraKhan's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #4355 by KubraKhan
Hey guys! I know you admins have to sleep/live and at some point none of you will be online, so is there a way you could activate autoadmin when that is the case?
i.e. In fools road earlier today these 2 losers decided to lock the apc squad with 2 guys (there were 3 apcs available). I told them I'd report them ( please check !r for fools road) and they just laughed as they rolled out of main only to get rekt for the next 40 mins. I thought about opening another apc squad, but that would just get myself in trouble so here I am.

Other cases are squad leaders locking infantry squads at 2 or 3, kicking people for not having a mic in infantry squads, without even waiting a minute for the guy to get mumble going etc.

If auto admin could kick people for this stuff until an admin is online, I'm sure most of us regulars would be grateful...

Cheers
  • =HOG= Richard.price
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #4359 by =HOG= Richard.price
Replied by =HOG= Richard.price on topic AUTOADMIN for whenever admins are offline
Woo that sounds high-tech.. I don't think the PR engine has this auto admin system eh Mooz?
More
8 years 1 month ago #4361 by Drago
Replied by Drago on topic AUTOADMIN for whenever admins are offline
thats definitely high-tech program if someone make it... :)

Well let me start with Napoleon, who said, qoute: "Give me 100 000 croatian soldiers and I will conqure all world"

Y
More
8 years 1 month ago #4367 by whatthehell
Replied by whatthehell on topic AUTOADMIN for whenever admins are offline
Impossible, unless you want to write an advanced autoadmin program.
"is there an apc squad?", there is a "lol apc suck" squad, also, there is "lapcunt" squad,
"is the person in the apc squad?" which squad is the correct one? [lapcunt, "lol apc suck", 'BTRs for days"]
"is there contention for who created the squad first between 'lol apc suck' or "BTRs for days"?
"is the person soloing it?" There are 8 seating positions in the apc or is it a scimi,which has 2
"which type of apc?" [scimi, standard apc], where standard apc is at least 2, where driver and gunner occupy the first two positions, f1 and f2 seating and up to 6 additional seats.

the amount of questions that need to be asked is a lot. This is what we have to do when we get reports about people stealing apcs.
Sometimes the person that is in the apc is actually in a passenger seat, which we can see by looking at his kit selection. or it could be that he has a crewmen kit, but is still in a passenger seat. or it could be that the person reported is the wrong person.

This is serious AI stuff to implement.

Best that can be done is kick the tker, but then again it comes down to. did some stupid f*ck trip a nade trap that killed 5 buddies or did some f*ckstick drive over a mine with 8 people in the apc. CAS strike on opposition fake laze. etc...

i hope you see the issue. I like your idea, but in reality, it would be very time consuming to implement and who knows what the performance hit on the server would be for this.

the questions can go for days.
  • KubraKhan
  • KubraKhan's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #4369 by KubraKhan
Replied by KubraKhan on topic AUTOADMIN for whenever admins are offline
Tks for the feedback, I wasn't aware that there isn't the same type of autoadmin for pr like what was on most bf2 servers, and I see your point about the problems implementing auto admin. My only suggestion is recruiting an admin that is available for the time that most of the admins are off-line. I'm not applying of course my pc freezes/crashes 30% of the time and I've only been playing pr for 5 months, but there must be someone, because these turkeys really do ruin the game for regulars. Cody has already made a huge difference so 1 more for the early hours ( when gf is still sleeping :D) would help imho.
More
8 years 1 month ago #4373 by Im Druid
Replied by Im Druid on topic AUTOADMIN for whenever admins are offline
We do have European admins. But you have to understand they get busy. I works nights so I'm usually on at the time most admins are offline. But I have a life too and some nights I can not dedicate time to being an admin. But I agree on the administration at odd hours. Which in fact we do have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reece
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds