Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

HOLLYWOOD's Ban Appeal / Unfair Treatment

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #893 by Jevski
Replied by Jevski on topic HOLLYWOOD's Ban Appeal / Unfair Treatment
Its funny how the story has changed. Now its griefers you where taking care of. The old story was that you killed CAS assets and their crew to "send" a message because you got butthurt that you could not reserve more than one asset per squad name. The CAS squad did nothing to you. All they did was to name their squad correctly. You not only tk, and destroyed asset, you as you say in your own earlier admission, instigated this incident with the other guys in your squad.

As to attacking the admins. Nope, you havent walked up to me and shot me, but you have on countless of times, tried to stir up a shitstorm, when I k/tb or ban someone. Here you mouthed off on how wrong I was, and kept trolling for quite a while.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Jevski.
  • Cognito
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
8 years 5 months ago #897 by Cognito
Replied by Cognito on topic HOLLYWOOD's Ban Appeal / Unfair Treatment
My story has not changed! I said way back in like my first appeal post "tk to send a message" and that's what I did. The griefers are the same people as the new CAS squad. I simply started referring to them as such because you guys started using the term trolls and griefers in reference to me. I looked it up and a griefer is "a person who harasses or deliberately provokes other players or members in order to spoil their enjoyment." This is exactly what they did to us! I was in a full CAS/Trans squad and we all assumed everything would be kosher since one squad would be in charge of all of the air assets for safety's sake. They decided to interrupt this, already organized squad, because they were not a part of it. If anything we should have been told that we needed to split up but nothing happened except my squad leader being resigned along with all of us. We tried to plead with the admins and those players in chat but the admins kept quiet because that's their policy and the other players failed to respond as well since they got what they wanted. I don't know about how I interpreted the rules when I first searched for them that round but I'm pretty sure I detailed out my reasoning at the cost of spamming the chat which is my fault. Maybe I was wrong, maybe I found a loophole, who knows but we were just an organized squad trying to do good that got antagonized through the admin system and there was no way of discussing it then.

Jevski, thank you for acknowledging I did not attack you that round! Trust me, if I wanted to I would have. I was clearly zoned in and focused on the other guys, along with the other perpetrators. However, I can't let accuse me of this other stuff. How can you say "countless" without providing at least one example, even from this round in question? If anything, in that round I was probably just confused and frustrated why I wasn't getting any support but we can't see the logs for some reason even see. But seriously, please provide other instances even if just off the top of your head and I will do my best to remember as well so we can come discuss it since we now have a medium of doing so. I deal with a bunch of stupid rumors and bullshit too, the other day I got intel saying someone was trying to impersonate me, which I don't even know what that means. I will address any real issues regarding me, such as this appeal, with nothing but integrity. Why would I try to stir up a shit storm? Maybe for the enemy, not when you k/tb, who?!? I mouthed off because I was ignorant of your policies and lacked an understanding of your rules. I don't feel like I was "trolling" afterwards; I know I can be persistent on certain occasions.

I was just trying to do cool shit, that was all in good faith, with 7 other guys and these other few guys ruined it. We were just getting them back and took it too far. I'm sorry.
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #898 by Jevski
Replied by Jevski on topic HOLLYWOOD's Ban Appeal / Unfair Treatment
I simply started referring to them as such because you guys started using the term trolls and griefers in reference to me. I looked it up and a griefer is "a person who harasses or deliberately provokes other players or members in order to spoil their enjoyment." This is exactly what they did to us!

This tells me, that you still think that you did nothing wrong.

Lets take this in babysteps, since last time I said this its clear you didnt understand. And after this, I will once again ask Super to lock this, and ban you again from the forum.

Every player has the same chance of getting the asset they wish - 1 in 9th. Who ever makes the correct named sqd. gets the asset, with me so far?

'This is how your reality works:

Lets say this player called Brian wants to use an asset, so he makes a sqaud called "all assets" hence insuring that, as long his sqd is made no later than the 4th he gets an asset, TRANS(1), APC(2), TANK(3), CAS(4).

If Brian manages to make his sqd first, he gets to choose among all of those which he wants, fuck the rest of the squads, their reservation does not matter, even though the 2nd sqd is called CAS, 3rd is called apc, and fourth is tank.

If Brian makes a squad, but comes in as second, and the first squad is named CAS, Brian can choose between APC, TANK and TRANS, and so forth up to the 4th squad created.

By doing this Brian has improved his chances of getting an asset to 4 in 9.

And I wont even get into the hell we will get into, if 6 of the squads calls them self ALL ASSETS.

This is our reality : heavy assets are squad-specific. The first correctly named squad gets the asset

Huey Transport squad can be locked with 2 or more members. Squad must be named TRANSPORT OR TRANS.
CAS Jet/CAS Huey/Cobra etc squads are to be claimed by one squad with a minimum of 6 players but must be named CAS or a CAS variant ie CAS HUEY, as long as CAS is in the name clearly, then this squad gets CAS.
Tracked APC and Wheeled APC's are to be combined with a minimum of 6 squad members before being locked and must be named APC, this squad will encompass ALL Armored Pers. Carriers including IFV's
Tank squads require a minimum of 4 members before being locked. The squad must be named TANK.

So according to our rules which has been the same for quite a while, and are for the most part the same as any other server, the first squad that names it self one of the above names get the asset - with me so far?

Now here comes HOLLYWOOD, who thinks he is entitled to assets, so he to ensure his chances of getting assets, does the same as Brian. And to make matters worse those who actually follows the written rules are griefers and deserves to die.

So by HOLLYWOOD's definition this is a griefter: Brian wants some fun. He starts mining assets in main, and killing players as they spawn. Andrew then reports this and gets Brian banned. Since Andrew is the reason Brian got banned, Andrew is now a griefter, because Andrew spoiled Brian's enjoyment. It apparently does not matter that Brian broke server rules, and Andrew was following them, because as you say "ia person who harasses or deliberately provokes other players or members in order to spoil their enjoyment.." This is exactly what they did to us!"

So this is HOG's reality:

You didnt follow the rules.
You felt the need to "send a message" and spoil the fun others by teamkilling and destroying assets in main.
Your're clearly trying to re-write what happend by calling those who follow the rules, griefers.
You dont think you did anything wrong, yes we know you told us that you did, but but by calling the CAS sqd griefers, just tells us how you really think.
And most importantly, YOU ARE BANNED FOREVER !

Edit: from the old forum, just to make sure your old admission does not disappear:
The lack of admin support and failure to admit a mistake facilitated the creation of a sleeper terrorist cell, which I admittedly was the ring leader of. When the CAS assets spawned, we kamikaze'd the transport helicopters into all of them. I then proceeded to seek out and murder any other living CAS squad members.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Jevski.
  • Cognito
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
8 years 5 months ago #899 by Cognito
I don't think I did nothing wrong! I very clearly stated that I know what I did was wrong but I thought what they did was also wrong so I sought revenge. I definitely understand now you guys stick to strict asset naming rules and shit obviously. I only attempted to defend our squad with the help of some rules because that was the right thing to do at the time, am I wrong? I must reiterate that I was NOT the squad leader! Please look at the logs so I don't have to keep correcting these kind of misconceptions, it's really frustrating! Now this "here comes HOLLYWOOD, who thinks he's entitled to assets" is frankly incorrect and slanderous, I don't appreciate it one bit. It literally sounds exactly like the rumors I was just previously talking about, some of which you have yet to back up. I have never made a multiple heavy asset squad before and I'm sure that would be shut down pretty fast and I wouldn't press the issue. I simply joined because I liked the idea of having all the aircraft communicating, which still seems like a good idea. I also explained earlier that attempt to push the creative envelope of the game, I've made Trans/SpecOps squads before and inserted operators all over the map. I believe shit like that is cool, fun and allows more people to participate together in this great game environment. I only tried to participate in a good idea myself here. I get that you guys are strict and I didn't understand the rules well but you can't hold that against me because that was my first time trying to interpret them during a stressful time I might add. I didn't follow the rules but these other guys spoiled the fun of 8 guys on your server! This game is meant to be played with a lot of freedom which is why you can name your own squads, I'm sorry that a group of random guys tried to have fun, be creative and productive ALL IN GOOD FAITH FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! All aircraft were accounted for. These other guys were not apart of it so decided they needed to use the rules against us to get what they wanted. That what I was saying when I said maybe a bad judgment call was made by the admins, as they may have acted too fast before seeing the whole picture, at the time because I've seen this sort of thing allowed multiple other times as long as it's organized well. I understand now with you guys have a very rigid system which I will follow, I just didn't truly comprehend it at the time. I would honestly recommend talking to the developers and seeing if they can implement something for your server that would have pre-named squads that people can then just join at 1:30 without having to make and name them individually every time. It would be extremely easier for players and potentially relieve lots of work off the admin team to deal with this issue at hand.

Okay back to that original post:
"The lack of admin support and failure to admit a mistake"
We received no support, which I already told you I didn't see in the rules the first time which said admins will literally not respond in chat or whatever. Common sense made me think everything we did was fine and I even thought after interpreting some of the rules we were fine but I had no way of knowing because we couldn't communicate with the admin team. At this point, all I knew was myself and 7 other guys just got shafted out of having a good time and being an effective unit for our team. So, with that, or lack there of, some of us decided to take matters into our own hands which is why I say "facilitated." It was my ignorance that got me there I thought someone was making a mistake by disbanding us but clearly I understand you weren't so I was wrong in saying that they made a mistake. But this was still said in my *first* post and I had still yet to hear from any admins regarding the situation. That is why I came here in the first place; to appeal this ban by helping come to an understanding with everyone. That is how its suppose to work right? This was my first major incident and I came here when I realized that something must be wrong because I'm a good guy with good intentions. I've tried so many times to convince you guys of my intentions but you won't accept it and I cannot understand why. I feel like you won't even give this whole thing a fresh look because the facts are glaringly obvious to me. We got manipulated out of our unit for some other players' selfish desires, despite the legality (which is an issue of greater society that I'm not going to get into). That is still my main reservation with this whole thing. I did what I did because of that and only that. Other factors may have influenced my actions but my intention was to not let someone get away with that. If I truly thought that the admins fucked us over I would done something to them but I figured they were doing their job, which I respect despite some decisions that are made. I have since learned many things, including that if I took a little more time to understand the whole picture, as done now, I probably wouldn't have done what I did. But again, if you guys are going to abide by such a strict jurisdiction I think it would be worth your time to implement a pre-named squad system. I stick up for the good people, you should want people like me on your server defending it. I'm like batman. This time I just took it too far and admit that but it was my first offense. I have hung up my cape in exchange for my words by coming to this server's forums and I hope you can appreciate that. I want to do the right thing. Thanks.
  • Cognito
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
8 years 5 months ago #900 by Cognito
Also, just one question for Super since he will be back. In my initial appeal, why did you say at some point that my ban was lifted? There must have been some positive rationale in my favor.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #908 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic HOLLYWOOD's Ban Appeal / Unfair Treatment
I'm not quite sure what is going on but all this began one day on Black Gold. Long story short as possible, I joined a "CAS/TRANS" squad which soon after filled up. Someone then created a duplicate "CAS" or "TRANS" squad and presumably proceeded to contact the admin(s) about their problem with the squad I was in. I do not know if a warning or a chance to reorganize was given to my squad leader but the entire squad was disbanded by the admin(s) soon thereafter with little to no explanation presumably because of this one person's issue. This was a poor judgement call on the admin(s) part so I told my squad leader I would not stand for this and vowed to defend him. Then, our former squad attempted to contact and reason with the admin(s) via chat to no avail. At this point, I visited the HOG website in search of rules that protected us which there were which I then explained in chat, still to no avail. The remnants of our late squad reorganized in a newly vacant transport squad. The lack of admin support and failure to admit a mistake facilitated the creation of a sleeper terrorist cell, which I admittedly was the ring leader of. When the CAS assets spawned, we kamikaze'd the transport helicopters into all of them. I then proceeded to seek out and murder any other living CAS squad members.

For this I was understandably banned. After some time, I was able to join and participate on your server again. Then, at some point after a while I was randomly banned again. I do not know why because I didn't do anything wrong; to me it seemed out of the blue, maybe a mistake. Later on, I was seemingly un-banned again and able to play for a short period of time before being banned a third time.

If anyone has any insight on this issue please inform me. I'm also ready to respond to any questions anyone may have.
Profile Private Message
Moderator: Edit Moderator: Delete Moderator: Move
Tequilabot
Tue Sep 22 2015, 03:31PM Report
PR Community Admin

Registered Member #6591
It's a ban list issue. Sometimes the server has an issue where the ban list needs to be reset. Once it's reset, your name/ip/cd key goes back on it.
Profile Private Message
Moderator: Edit Moderator: Delete
=HOG=__Super_6__5__
Tue Sep 22 2015, 03:35PM Report

Registered Member #1398
yeah, exactly like tequila said, when the server crashes it wipes out the ban list and no one is on it, so, until we notice that this happened, anyone that was banned b4 can play for a few rounds. We see it, restore the list from a backup copy and poof, your banned again.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds