Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Weird "Incident", most likely false report

• Arphis
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #19200 by Arphis
Just wanna report on an incident that occured today around 6pm server time.

I was playing on Wanda Shan on the German side as part of the Tank squad. After we spend the delay time building a Fob and having some skirmish and a rather useless team internal chat argument, we rolled out in the tanks, me as driver with Protz as gunner, SL and another guy in the other tank, attempting a flank on enemy tanks. As we encountered one enemy tank and started to engage we get ambushed by enemy and both of our tanks died.

Within less than a minute after we died, SL and his crewman "leave" the Squad, while Protz and I discuss what just happend and suddenly we both get kicked. Since my game crashed from that kick and the image froze I was able to get the console up which said I got kicked by Halgesson, reason: "Asset theft".

After several minutes I was able to rejoin the server hoped in B4tmans infantry squad and was still kinda confused. Just noticing Halgesson was on the other team and when i talked to B4tman about it, he didnt really knew what happened either.

So yeah, would be nice to know what led to me and Protz getting kicked, who reported us and for what excactly?

P.S.: As mentioned, a lot of hostile chat been going on prior to this, so i got an idea who made the report but i dont wanna throw any suspicions into the world. If you wish i will detail it though.
More
5 years 8 months ago #19201 by Halgesson
Replied by Halgesson on topic Weird "Incident", most likely false report
You guys got ''Ambushed'' by enemy tanks which were spotted on the map. We on squadleader net were spotting the tanks down to keypad and your squad still managed to get ambushed. Your squad poor skills nearly cost us that round. Accidents or getting killed happen -I do understand that- However driving straight to enemy positions with two tanks and dying in two mins raise some eyebrows.

As to stealing, admins have a little ''shortcut'' for warnings, I used the wrong one. I meant to use ''Asset waste'' so that's on me.

If you want to use heavy assets, please understand there'a huge responsibility within, and please communicate with other squads in order to avoid situations like this.

See you back in game,
Halge.
  • Arphis
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #19210 by Arphis
Replied by Arphis on topic Weird "Incident", most likely false report
I just looked at the round in the tracker.

Yeah, my tank didnt get ambushed. While i thought there was something on the hill west of us (tank, tow, HAT) that got a rear shot on us, we were actually hit by enemy tank we tried to engage. We took 99% damage within 1sec (according to the tracker). I cant tell if they landed a lucky shot, shot a weak spot or we got hit by both hostile tanks at the same time.

Also we did not drive straight into enemy positions, we actually did a move down Echo line in order to flank them.

Unlike us they had a commander spotting with UAV so even in hindsight I dont know any way to avoid getting spotted while actually going for their tanks.

Now to my major complained. How was I supposed to know the SL-chat?
All I had to act upon was a tank marker around the G9-flag (IIRC) and an attack order by my SL. I wasnt told a direction that tank was facing, so I had good hopes on getting on his weak side. It didnt work out.

I cant be held accountable for not listening to information I never got. And in no point in time I was wasteful in any way. I lost against better tanks.

So I consider kicking the whole squad as unproportional, and personally i dont agree with any given reason for me getting kicked. When you say "raise some eyebrows" how about resigning the SL or the Squad?

And if people wonder why I post this much on "just a kick". I've been kicked 3 times from HOG including this one, the 2 other ones being years ago and I am totally agreeing with. This one though just lets me sitting here not knowing, what to do to avoid it, except for: "Dont die in tanks"?!?! which inevitably means not to use them.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Arphis.
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #19214 by Halgesson
Replied by Halgesson on topic Weird "Incident", most likely false report
Okay, so rephrasing once again: You did not get kicked for dying. You (as in your squad) got kicked for being negligent and consequently wasting an asset.

Your both tanks were manuvering through the middle part of the map, trying to flank the enemy armor. The enemy had an UAV on top of you, that's all correct. However, take a look at this here:

Note the amount of friendly infantry around the enemy vehicles. Below is what they were typing over CHAT during that time

[17:57:40 TEAM 2] ]CIA[ SwampFox: h9k3 enemy tank
[17:59:19 TEAM 2] Puden: tank G10
[17:59:23 TEAM 2] Puden: in the open
[17:59:42 TEAM 2] Puden: 2 x tanks H10 moving west

So not only you were being given information through chat with accurate enemy reports but also your squadleader was being informed through comms about enemy positions. Your ''flanking maneuver'' ended up forcing you guys to engage stationary tanks head on. Puden was in my squad so I was on the horn repassing info. I am 100% positive about this.

However, you are still claiming you were not negligent. Look, you guys got tunnel-vision and lost situation awareness. That happens in games, that happens in real life, that happens in the military. Your squad was not repassing vital information for your mission. That led to a poor result.

You can argue with me all you want but everyone analyzing this info in hindsight will come to the same conclusion. Don't take it so personally, see it as a learning opportunity.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Halgesson.
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #19215 by Deleted
Replied by Deleted on topic Weird "Incident", most likely false report
As this wasn't a ban appeal, I'm going to comment. Out of all the players on the server, Arphis is one of the least negligent people there are.

I do not "come to the same conclusion as you".
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Deleted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fenneclat, Arphis
More
5 years 8 months ago #19216 by MarePop
Replied by MarePop on topic Weird "Incident", most likely false report
Arphis?! Pfft dont even make me start on that guy.
Noob asshat who cant even hit a dead tank in the middle of the filed. Always takes lat or hat and isnt even aware of armor until barrel of same one is poking him in the eye, yet is angry when people POLITELY point the fact that there is one just around the corner.
That guy is waste of IP. His character is better repurposed as a training dummy for more experienced players such as yours truly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arphis
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds