Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

AA problems in PR [Video]

• =HOG= Dejan
  • =HOG= Dejan's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #19165 by =HOG= Dejan
AA problems in PR [Video] was created by =HOG= Dejan

OK everyone, i want to turn this thread into general discussion about AA problems in PR so we can get some attention from Devs.
Dogactual with my help made this video to demonstrate how stupid current AA system is, especially against fast movers. Flares are useless tool that gives you higher mortality rate if you use them just because they act as activator for AA misle to explode and deal AOE dmg.
We need changes and we need them now. Make jets playable at low altitudes so skills can have impact rather than who finds who first at 2km alt
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #19166 by Deleted
Replied by Deleted on topic AA problems in PR [Video]
Not really a point of discussion. I'm pretty sure they know it's not perfect, but also no one knows how DICE programmed how heat seeking works. You're trying to win a battle where there's a 3rd party locked in a black box.

Idk I quite enjoy shooting down jets with my AA and not having to wait 20 minutes, its great!
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Deleted.
  • =HOG= Dejan
  • =HOG= Dejan's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #19167 by =HOG= Dejan
Replied by =HOG= Dejan on topic AA problems in PR [Video]
What i noticed is that flares are not working, not heat seeking engine. The flare drop positions are awful and they provide no safety from ground (on fastmovers).
Also what i noticed is that osprey and tornado have decent protection from ground with triflare drop. And they always operate at low alts, still die less often than other jets.
All in all flare system is fucked, that should be the subject, not AA problems, i made a mistake
Edit 1: Why having cas ingame at all when its efectivness is questionable on the flow of the game and if it can get taken out by single AAV so easily and then be out of the game till the end of the round
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by =HOG= Dejan. Reason: Addon
More
5 years 9 months ago #19168 by Deleted
Replied by Deleted on topic AA problems in PR [Video]
Just watched the missile hitting the top of the jet part. Lol. That's silly and needs to be fixed.
More
5 years 9 months ago #19172 by Im Druid
Replied by Im Druid on topic AA problems in PR [Video]
CAS has recently got worse it seems for me. Flares do nothing to stop dog fights. who sees who first wins a dog fight now when it comes to jets. a Heli on the other hand has some chance. Tbh, flares have come full suck mode. Bring back BF2 flares, anything before patch 1.4
More
5 years 9 months ago #19186 by DogACTUAL
Replied by DogACTUAL on topic AA problems in PR [Video]

Not really a point of discussion. I'm pretty sure they know it's not perfect, but also no one knows how DICE programmed how heat seeking works. You're trying to win a battle where there's a 3rd party locked in a black box.

Idk I quite enjoy shooting down jets with my AA and not having to wait 20 minutes, its great!

Not a good argument imo since even if you do not know exactly how it works you can still adjust certain perimeters to get close to the desired result and balance.

Case in point, after the update that introduced the problems shown in my video, helicopters had exactly the same issue as the jets do now. Then enough people pointed it out and it was fixed for the next update, now helicopter flares work fine mostly, with some issues here and there, but mostly fine.

I am sure the same could be done for jets, blaming vanilla code is a distraction and side_stepping the issue, since my first example and previous iterations of the AA system already show that this engine permits better AA balance.

And i still don't understand why some people feel entitled to be able to shoot down pre-flaring jets just because they can see them.
If the jet gets you u can respawn in under a minute. If some bullshit missile that ignores your flares gets your jet, you have to wait 20 minutes. How is this fair and reasonable?
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds